This was a wonderful weekend! I love my family!
1. My favorite book growing up was the Boxcar Children and Babysitter Club series
2. The funniest book I've ever read was: I don't ever read funny books so I have no idea!
3. The one book that has truly changed my life is When God Writes Your Love Story. I think every girl should read this book!
4. If you're looking for a real "tear jerker" you should probably read "Atonement Child" by Francine Rivers. One of the best books ever!
5. If I could meet any author living or dead I would want to meet Francine Rivers and Jane Austen! My two Favorites!
6. The next book on my "to read" list is "Little Women"
7. If I was snowed into remote cabin in the woods and could only choose three books to bring with me I'd bring Redeeming Love, The Atonement Child, and Pride and Prejudice
PS: I hope you have a great Friday and I can't believe I leave for China on Tuesday!!!!!!
Have any of you ever truly listed to the lyrics of Free to Be Me by Francesca Battistelli? This song is so amazing. Here are some of my favorite parts:
But You've already won the battle
And You've got great plans for me
Though I can’t always see
Cause I got a couple dents in my fender
Got a couple rips in my jeans
Try to fit the pieces together
But PERFECTION is my ENEMY
On my own I'm so clumsy
But on Your shoulders I can see
I'm free to be me
Sometimes I believe that I can do anything
Yet other times I think I've got nothing good to bring
But You look at my heart and You tell me
That I've got all You seek
Ok I know that was most of the song, but I think this is my life! I constantly strive to be perfect not remembering that I am trying to do it on my own. Satan knows he can attack me in that way. Sometimes I let him really get to me, then God ALWAYS brings me out of that pit. God already has my plans laid out for me. Sometimes I don't feel worthy enough to fulfill the plans he has laid out for me or I think there is someone better than me to do whatever it is God has planned. Why do I let Satan tell me these things? So many times, I get this attitude that "Brooke you aren't good enough for anything you should just give up." I am so thankful to have a perfect God that loves me and always has a shoulder for me to lean on. God reminds me everyday that I can do anything through him. I don't always listen. I let my own stupid insecurities get in the way....until I break down and realize again I didn't trust in God. Thank you God for never leaving me.
How awesome is this picture? It is a sunflower filed in Thailand. God you are awesome!