6.12.2011

Scenes from the Weekend

This weekend was very fun! Friday night Jonathan and I went to the Travelers baseball game with some friends and then Saturday we headed to Gilbert to float the Buffalo River. Unfortunately I do not have any pictures from the float trip, but I didn't want to risk my camera getting wet! I hope you all had a great weekend!


1:: Yummy homemade waffles...recipe below!
2:: Mini fruit pizzas
3:: Jonathan, Hugh, and I at the ballgame
4:: Travs game
5:: Grassy area where we sat at the ballgame

Whole Wheat Waffles

I love these waffles because they are healthy!

Ingredients:
- 1-3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons flaxseed
- 2 egg yolks
-2 egg whites
- 1-3/4 cup skim milk
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla

Steps:

In a large mixing bowl stir flour, baking powder, sugar, salt, and flaxseed. In a small mixing bowl beat egg yolks, milk, vanilla and applesauce. Add to the flour mixture all at once. Stir until blended. In a small mixer bowl, beat egg whites until stiff peaks. Gently fold beaten egg whites into original mixture and do not over mix. Pour batter onto preheated waffle maker. Cook about 3 to 5 minutes depending on your waffle maker.

If you don't own one of these guys, you should! Makes separating an egg easy and fun!

1 comment:

The Hands said...

what fun! I love all your recipes, I save many of them to try later when I can get the ingredients. I also love how heart healthy they are!