The students I work with always say, "That's easy breezy, really cheesy," so in honor of my students, I will call my enchiladas Easy Breezy, Really Cheesy Enchiladas! They are super easy to make and of course cheesy.
- 1 pound lean hamburger meat browned and drained
- 3 cans enchilada sauce (I use one hot and two medium)
- 1 package of tortillas (I used the package of 8)
-1 pound of shredded cheese
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees
2. Brown meat and drain; pour one can of enchilada sauce in cooked meat
3. Pour one can of sauce in a greased 9 x 13 pan
4. Dip tortillas in sauce. Spoon the meat mixture and some cheese in the tortillas
5. Roll up and stack together. Continue with the rest of the tortillas
6. Cover the rolled tortillas with the rest of the cheese
7. Cover with foil and bake about 30 minutes
One of Jonathan's favorite desserts is a Strawberry Pie. So, I of course made him one for his birthday!
- 2 cups crushed graham crackers
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 stick of butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1 1/2 cup water
- 3 ounce strawberry jello
- 1 quart strawberries (washed and sliced)
Mix all of the crust ingredients together and press into a pie plate. Bake for 5 to 10 mins at 350 degrees.
Add sliced strawberries to the cooked crust.
For the filling, boil the sugar, cornstarch, and water (DO NOT OVER BOIL)! Remove from heat and add jello. Let cool for a few minutes. Pour over strawberries. Cool and serve with cool whip!