6.23.2010

Something so great

Have you ever needed to be reminded of how much God loves you? I take for granted God's love for me. God's love is something that is so hard for me to understand. I recently started a Bible study about God's love "The greatest gift of all." I have only completed one day of it and it has rocked my world!!

It is so hard for me to understand why THE God of the universe would love ME so much! Maybe this is old news for you, but I have to remind myself of God's love for me and how special that is. Romans 8: 38-39 says:

"For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord."

Wow! Such an awesome verse! I have read it a million times, have it underlined and marked all in my Bible, but today, a light bulb went off in my head! "Finally," God is thinking. Everyday, I worry about finding a job, being a good wife, a good future mother (not anytime soon), being healthy, being a good friend, etc. Why worry about all of these things when I have God's love? One thing I never have to fear is losing God's love. It is everlasting.

Please, next time you are worrying or fear your future, remember that God is on your side. "God works for the good of those who love him." (Rom 8:28) What more do you need? God reminds me everyday how blessed I am. It breaks my heart for those who do not know God and his love. Oh how I wish everyone could experience the love I feel right now!

I just wanted to remind you of God's love today. I know I need reminders.

1 comment:

Matt and Katie said...

thanks, brooke!! you are so right- I need that reminder all the time!!!