6.21.2010

A Taste of Summer


I have now discovered it is going to be hard for me to follow Jonathan! He is a great writer! That's why I am glad he is joining me in this blog. I know he always has something great to say.

So, Jonathan mentioned to you guys that we are doing P90X. I must admit, at first I was not excited about it. Luckily Jonathan is a very encouraging husband and helped me get over the not wanting to do it hump. I went three weeks without working out in China and did not want to get back into it when I got back. I haven't ran since March, yes since MARCH, when I ran in my last half marathon. Needless to say, I am still not in the mood to run. So P90X is something new and challenging. My favorite thing is yoga! I am obsessed! The only problem is, it is a freaking hour and a half long! One, it is hard to do yoga for that long, and two who has that much time?? Yesterday, I made myself do the WHOLE thing!!! Really if you make it through the first 45 minutes, it gets much easier. There are things I never thought I could do!! When I work out I have to find something that I can challenge myself at. Running used to be that, but now it is yoga. One part of me says "you couldn't do this last time pansy" and then the other part says "bull crap you can do it!" I love it!!

Have I mentioned to you that we are kids again?? Last week, Jonathan bought a remote control helicopter and I got a slip-n-slide!! I was tempted to buy bubbles and a kite but opted out of that. I haven't tried the slip-n-slide yet but I can't wait!! The helicopter is pretty cool. Not sure why Jonathan wanted one, but he has wanted one since I met him! Hershey has a great time with it!

I am trying so so very hard to enjoy Summer. I used to love Summer when I was a kid, but I hate it now! I DO NOT like 100 degree weather. At all. Period. I want Fall, now. I have realized that I can't have Fall now, no matter how hard I try. I remember planning my Halloween party while on vacation in Florida last summer. I am crazy. So, since I can't have Fall now, I must enjoy Summer no matter what. Some things I love about Summer so far are:

1. Spending more time with Jonathan and Hershey
2. Learning how to ski
3. Floating the Buffalo for the first time
4. Going to China
5. About to go to D.C. and NY
6. Drinking my coffee EVERY morning
7. Hanging out with Matt and Katie pretty much all the time
8. Harlie (Matt and Katie's dog) is my new best friend
9. Planting beautiful flowers
10. Reading, reading, and more reading
11. Painting my toenails orange, blue and other weird colors
12. Wearing cute dresses and skirts
13. The summer program at AR Counseling
14. Pink lemonade
15. Popsicles
16. Watermelon
17. Walking around barefoot
18. Going to the lake
19. Late nights watching Friends
20. Grilling out

See I am trying to be positive! I have learned I can't have it my way all the time!!

I hope you enjoy your summer even if the weather is hot!!!

1 comment:

Matt and Katie said...

you are a great writer too, brooke! we love hanging out with yall too!! We are all going to be so busy in the next few weeks so we won't be able to see each other much :( I am glad Harlie is your new best friend, somebody needs love her! haha j/k