3.09.2010

Race Day

Well the race was a success! At least in my eyes. Like I mentioned before, I was not excited at all about my upcoming half marathon. On the way to Little Rock, I was a nervous wreck. I didn't feel good and I knew I hadn't trained hard so I thought I was going to fail. I was scared I would hurt and get sick. Jonathan kept telling me to enjoy the weather and just have fun; be excited that you can even run in it. I really wanted to beat my best time, but I knew I couldn't because I didn't train for it hard enough. After waiting in line for almost 30 minutes to go to the bathroom (the bathroom line was crazy long!), I found the C group and stood with everyone, waiting on the race to begin. I kept praying that God would help me to be confident in myself and just have fun. I prayed that I would not worry about my time. I prayed that he would take away my pain in my knees and back. I thought I was going to throw up when the siren went off. I wanted to cry, and almost did. If you have ever ran in a big race, you never start as soon as the siren goes off. I didn't start until about 8 or 9 mins into the race. After I started I got real excited! I made a new playlist on my Ipod the night before so I had some good music to get me pumped up! At every mile marker I thanked God for getting me through that mile and prayed that he would give me strength to finish the rest. In the end, I had no pain and I beat my time! Not by much, but I did! I am still not sure of my final time. My watch said 2 hours 13 mins, the race clock said 2 hours 15 mins, but remember I started 8 mins into the race. So I am not real sure of my final time, but I am satisfied with it either way! God is amazing! And so is Jonathan for always encouraging me! I forgot my camera or else I would post pictures. :(

No comments: