3.03.2010

What's my problem??

Well I totally suck at this whole blogging thing. But every time I think about writing, I don't have anything interesting to write about. Normally I would be writing about my half marathon that is coming up this weekend.....but I am actually not looking forward to it. I don't know what my problem is, but I hate running right now. I get discouraged very easy when it comes to running. I haven't trained very hard for this race and it shows. Jonathan hurt his knee real bad and can't run the race. He was the one who kept me going when I didn't feel like I could run anymore. Now he won't be there. He will be cheering me on but not actually running with me. I don't know if I can do it without him. The most I have ran this whole training is 10 miles. I could barely do it. My knees and back hurt so bad I had to stop at 9 and walk the last. I cried. Who cries because they can't run 10 freaking miles?? No one. Just me. I get so mad when I start hurting. I know if I would train better and stretch more I wouldn't hurt. I have done it before and I know I can do it again. I once ran 13 miles in 1 hour and 45 minutes which is awesome. I really hope God helps me get excited about the race and run with a positive attitude. I have also been sick this week which doesn't help. I think I am just going to take a break from racing for a while and get back my running excitement before running another. You can't run 13 miles unless you enjoy it. I need to pray more about running and that God would heal me and give me the endurance to keep on going. I can't give up so easily. I just want the excitement back. I know God will help me through this.

So to a more positive side, the weather today is amazing! I am really excited because I am going to stay with my parents for the rest of the week! Jonathan is in Chicago this week and so I thought this would be a great time to go to my parents house and hang out with them. I am excited about getting away for a while and relaxing. This morning when I was spending time with God, I noticed I am getting close to finishing my journal....which means it's almost time to get a new one! I am definitely going to Barnes and Noble this week to get one! I get so excited when I get a new journal! I wonder how long it will take me to pick out a new one. I really want a new coffee mug too. Little things like that make me so happy. I told Jonathan he had to bring me back a coffee mug from Chicago!

Here are some of my favorite mugs....seriously not even half of them. I counted one time and had over 30.


2 comments:

carrie beth said...

i have so many things to say about this post
1) i am a runner too, and went through the exact same thing you are going through. i just had to take a break and now my love for running is back. i just knew i couldn't do it if i didn't enjoy it. i was starting to dread it. so i just exercised in other ways, and prayed that god would give me back my passion for it, and eventually, he did :) i pray your race this weekend will be wonderful! you'll do great, the feeling after will be better than the hard work!!
2) new journals from barnes and noble are just about one of my favorite things ever!
3) are you familiar with vera bradley? i heard they have vera bradly mugs at barnes and noble! nothing better!
4) i would give anything for your coffee mug collection. the right cup in the morning can make me smile for the rest of the day :)

sorry for the lengthy comment!

Brooke Burgin said...

CarrieBeth we have so much in common! I went for a run this morning and it was great! I wasn't hurting and I enojyed it! Thank you for your prayers! I just bought a journal...I will put a picture later. I love it! And yes I did see the Vera Bradley mugs! I am tempted to go buy one! Thanks for your comment!