1.20.2011

Tasty Tuesday

Last week, it snowed here in Conway, so I knew I had to cook something warm for dinner. I cooked White Bean Chicken Chili and it was the perfect match to a cold snowy day! I found this recipe on www.allrecipes.com. If you haven't ever checked out that website, you must! Below I have the original recipe I found on the website along with some changes I made.

Ingredients:
- 2 Tablespoons vegetable oil {I used EVOO}
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 {14.5 ounce} can chicken broth
- 1 {18.75 ounce} can tomatillos, drained and chopped {I used a jar of salsa verde}
- 1 {16 ounce} can diced green chilies {I used three 4.5 cans}
- 1 {15 ounce} can peeled tomatoes
- 1 {10 ounce} can diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander seed
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 {15 ounce} cans of corn
- 2 {15 ounce} cans of white beans
- 1 pound diced, cooked chicken
- salt and pepper to taste


1. Heat oil and cook onion and garlic until soft.


2. Stir in broth, tomatillos {salsa verde}, chilies, tomatoes, and spices. Bring to a boil, then simmer for 10 minutes.

3. Add corn, chicken, and beans; simmer for 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.


Great meal to eat with cornbread!!


Hope you enjoy!

No comments: