8.21.2011

Classroom update!

I had a great first week of teaching kindergarten!! I am already in love with each and every student! I can't wait to see them tomorrow morning! I am definitely worn out. It is interesting being a kindergarten teacher. Kids say the cutest things! Some things that happened this week:

- I received a lot of hugs
- We did a lot of singing and dancing
- Most of my students already know how to spell and write their name! Woo hoo!
- My students brought me sweet notes and pages they colored
- I received my first gift (a watermelon). How did she know I loved watermelon?!
- I had my first incident with a child throwing up. Needless to say I was not prepared for that one, but he is fine and we all survived.

This week we start learning about the letter O. After searching the internet for hours, I found a lot of cute activities to help teach the letter O. Here is one thing I am doing in my art center this week:

{Making an octopus using the letter O and cheerios}

I will make sure I take pictures!!

I hope you all have a great week and I hope to be blogging more! One day I will have a new recipe for Tasty Tuesday, but until my life slows down we will be eating grilled chicken, spaghetti and cereal.

No comments: