11.05.2011

Nutrition

This past week at school, we learned about the five food groups and our five senses. The students had a lot of fun learning about nutrition and making healthy choices!

Here are some poems I found online {I never got around to making one for the meat group...oops}
We read It Looked Like Spilt Milk the day we learned about the milk group
The students then created their own white cloud and wrote about it
We graphed our favorite healthy snack on the day we learned about our sense of taste
The students labeled a sandwich {My sandwich looks horrible but my kids liked it!}
On our fruit day, we read The Very Hungry Caterpillar and practiced retelling the story
On our last day the students colored pictures from the different food groups and glued a food from each food group to a plate to show that they know how to make healthy choices!
This is a new addition to my classroom! The Razorback chart is a reward system I use for good behavior. They get a different reward each time they move to a new yard line and when they are finished they get to start over! The prizes get better and better with each yard line!

I hope you have a great weekend!

No comments: