9.10.2010

Family Memories

Like most Fridays for me, today has been relaxing. If you know me, you know that family is very important to me. Sometimes I get in these moods where I love to look at old pictures. Not pictures of me, but pictures of my family. Today was one of those days. My grandmas have given me so many pictures of my family. I have pictures of my grandparents when they were kids, when my grandparents were dating and my parents wedding pictures. I absolutely love looking at them!

Here are some of the wonderful pictures I am talking about!

My mom and dad's wedding

Love this picture!

This is a frame I have on our book shelf.
The top left is my dad's dad, the one below it is my great grandma (Granny) and great grandpa,
the top right is my mom's dad and the one below it is my cousin and I at a Christmas thing at our church (we of course were being goofy.)

This is my cousin and I with my grandpa

My mom and her brother and sisters on her birthday

This is my dad's dad

My grandparents have also given me things over the years that mean a lot to me. For example, I have one of my grandpa's harmonicas, I have some unique jewelry (which I do wear), and I have two of my great grandma's aprons. I could definitely see her all June Cleaver with the pearls, heels, and apron!

Apron #1:

Apron #2:

See what I mean? This is definitely my granny!

This was my granny's chair. I loved this chair from the moment I saw it. My granny and granddad re-upholstered this chair. It now sits in our bedroom.

This is a napkin from my grandma and grandpa's wedding. They were married June 22, 1953!

I have a lot of my grandmas' and great grandmas' jewelry. I have even made some rings and necklaces out of their old earrings. My grandma always tells me it is just junk, but to me it is treasure!

My great grandma's jewelry box

A ring one of my great grandmas crocheted.

Two rings I made using my grandma's old earrings

Of course there are so many more pictures I could show you! Are there things about your family that you treasure?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have a really great picture of mom, your Dad, and Aunt Charnell from someones birthday. If I was back home and had it in my possession, I would share it with you! I really enjoy reading your blog, but I especially appreciated this post.

-Your Cousin, Jenn