9.27.2010

A Few Random Things

Man I am loving this weather! It seems like I have been waiting for this type of weather for a long time! This is definitely my favorite time of the year! I really want to plant some mums and pansies, but my summer flowers still look like this:


I have never kept flowers this long, especially through a summer like we had! I guess I will wait for these to die or possibly just have a mix of summer and fall flowers.

Nothing much has been going on lately. It has been nice. Jonathan and I have been dog sitting Benji this week. My parents went to NYC, so jealous! They are coming back today, so I will have to tell Benji goodbye. It will be sad to see him go! Hershey and Benji were in my lap during the entire Razorback game! I think they will miss each other:


There are so many new books I want! I am the type of person to buy a book, never read it and then buy another one. So, I am making myself read what I have before I can buy myself a new book. It is kinda like going to the library in my own house. I bought the book A Heart Like His by Beth Moore four or five years ago and never read it.


I can't believe I haven't read this book until now! I am not finished with it yet, but I can't put it down! The life of David is fascinating to me. I have read about David in the Bible, but this book really digs deep into David's life and what we can learn from him. If you are looking for a new book to read, I would definitely recommend this one! Another one I would recommend is The Lost Art of True Beauty by Leslie Ludy.


She is one of my favorite authors. Sometimes it is so hard to be a Christian female in America. There are so many worldly standards we are supposed to live by. We should have the nicest house, best job, perfect body, top brand clothes, etc. This book was so encouraging and showed me how to be a woman with feminine grace. I definitely recommend this book to all females!

Like I said, nothing much going on. God has been good though. He shows me his love everyday.


2 comments:

carrie beth said...

so fun to read your blog since i actually know you! all the other blogs i read are from people i don't even know! loved today's post! welcome to beautiful fall :)

Brooke said...

I definitely understand! I really enjoy reading your blog too!