3.14.2011

Tasty Tuesday: Mandarin Orange Cake

It's Tasty Tuesday and boy do I have a yummy recipe for you! Today I am going to share a dessert recipe. My mother in-law made it and Jonathan and I fell in love with it! It is called Mandarin Orange Cake! It is real light so you don't feel terrible after eating it. Jonathan and I always swap out the oil for applesauce; it makes it healthier and very moist! I will put the original recipe along with our changes.

Ingredients:

- One box of yellow cake mix
- 11 oz. can mandarin oranges, with juice
- 4 eggs {We used 2}
- 1/4 cup oil {We used 1/4 cup apple sauce}
- 16 oz. can crushed pineapple, drained
- 3.4 oz. package instant vanilla pudding
- 16 oz. container of cool whip {We used fat free cool whip}


Mix together the cake mix, mandarin oranges, eggs, and oil {applesauce}


{A lot of Laughter!}


Bake in three greased and floured 8 inch cake pans at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes.


For frosting, combine the pineapples, cool whip, and vanilla pudding.


Make sure the cakes are completely cooled before adding the frosting!


Add frosting between each layer and over the whole cake!


Enjoy!

No comments: