3.06.2011

Tasty Tuesday: Mexican Black Bean Lasagna

Today I have an awesome Paula Deen recipe! It is called Mexican Black Bean Lasagna! I got this recipe from her May/June 2010 magazine.


Her recipe does not call for any meat, but I thought it would be yummy if we added beef to it. So this is a great recipe for vegetarians too! Here is her recipe, my changes are italicized.

Ingredients:

- 1 pound of ground beef, cooked
- 1 taco seasoning packet
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained and rinsed
- 2 (10 ounce) cans diced tomatoes with green chilies, drained (we used one mild and one hot)
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2/ teaspoon ground cumin
- 8 (6-inch) corn tortillas
- 1 cup Mexican-style cheese blend


1.Preheat over to 375 degrees. Spray a 9x5 inch loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray. Since I added beef to the recipe, I used a 9x13 pan instead of a loaf pan.
2. Brown meat and add taco seasoning using the instructions on the packet.
3. In a large bowl, combine beans, corn, and tomatoes.


4. In a small bowl stir together ricotta, sour cream, and cumin.




{I love these measuring spoons that my mother in-law gave me! They say "A heap of Happiness" and "A cup of Closeness."}

5. Place 2 tortillas on the bottom of prepared pans.
6. Spread about 1/3 cup ricotta mixture over tortillas.
7. Top with about 1/2 cup black bean mixture.
8. Top with about 1/3 cup of the meat.
9. Sprinkle with 1/4 cup cheese.
10. Repeat procedures 3 times.
11. Bake for 20 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted.



Enjoy!

No comments: