5.11.2011

Everything is Possible

Matthew 17:20 says "Because you have so little faith. I tell you the truth, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you say to the mountain 'move from here to there,' and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you."

This morning I was doing my Beth Moore Bible study and was convicted about my faith. She wrote that in her early days with God, she viewed her faith as "her willingness to make a believing statement with her mouth rather than face the questions of her heart." I catch myself doing this so many times. I will say "I know God has plans for me and I know He is in control." It is so easy for me to verbally say those things, but do I truly believe them in my heart? She goes on to write that "When we are faithless, we are concluding by our attitude and actions that Christ is not worthy of our confidence and that He is untrustworthy." Wow. That convicted me big time. How terrible of me to question God and tell Him that He is not worthy of my confidence and that He is untrustworthy.

Sorry to keep quoting Beth Moore, I do not want to make her an idol, but I feel as if God really spoke through her this morning. She writes that "prayer is the critical element of faith." Why is it that I feel as if I am not worthy enough to pray or that my prayers are not as important as others so I should just not talk to God about my issues? Satan tells me all the time that I am not worthy enough and that God doesn't really care about me. Wrong. He does care. Sometimes, I just honestly forget. It is terrible that I go through my day forgetting that I can talk to God at any time. I may spend so much time reading the Bible and studying His word, but then I don't actually spend time in prayer. "Without prayer, we return to our own ability rather than to God." When I choose not to pray for things, I am telling God that I can handle this on my own. I don't need you. I got it. I know I can't do it on my own! I need Him!

Genesis 18:14 says "Is anything too hard for the Lord?" God shows me more and more each day that He loves me and that He has great plans for my life. I must trust in Him and not just confess it with my mouth, but truly believe it in my heart.

Psalm 62: 1-2, 5-6, & 8: "My soul finds rest in God ALONE; my salvation comes from Him. He ALONE is my rock and my salvation; He is my fortress, I will never be shaken. Find rest, O my soul, in God ALONE; my hope comes from him. He ALONE is my rock and my salvation; he is my fortress, I will not be shaken. Trust in Him at ALL times, O people; pour out your hearts to him for God is our refuge."

It is so easy to focus on the things of this world and lose focus on God. When I lose focus on God, I start to put faith in myself. I cannot put faith in myself, I must trust in God ALONE. He is my rock, salvation, fortress, and my refuge. Oh how I love that God reminds me daily of who He is! My prayer today is that in my heart I will truly trust in God and truly believe that He is in control and that His plans are far greater than the plans I have for myself.

I am going to leave you with the verses of the song In Christ Alone. I have heard this song a lot lately and I just love it!

"In Christ alone my hope is found.
He is my light, my strength, my song.
This Cornerstone, this solid ground,
Firm through the fiercest drought and storm.
What heights of love, what depths of peace;
When fears are stilled, when strivings cease;
My Comforter, my All in All,
Here in the love of Christ I stand.

In Christ alone, who took on flesh,
Fullness of God in helpless babe.
This gift of love and righteousness,
Scorned by the ones He came to save.
‘Til on that cross as Jesus died,
The wrath of God was satisfied.
For every sin on Him was laid,
Here in the death of Christ I live.

There in the ground His body lay.
Light of the world by darkness slain.
Then bursting forth in glorious Day,
Up from the grave He rose again.
And as He stands in victory,
Sin’s curse has lost its grip on me.
For I am His and He is mine
Bought with the precious blood of Christ.

On Christ the solid Rock I stand.
All other ground is sinking sand.
All other ground is sinking sand.

On Christ the solid Rock I stand.
All other ground is sinking sand.
All other ground is sinking sand.

No guilt in life, no fear in death,
This is the power of Christ in me.
From life’s first cry to final breath,
Jesus commands my destiny.
No power of hell, no scheme of man,
Can ever pluck me from His hand.
‘Til He returns or calls me home,
Here in the power of Christ I’ll stand."

This is such an awesome song and prayer!

On another note...Our prayer is to be back here next summer!



No comments: