5.04.2011

School Comes to an End

My Internship is officially over and I will be graduating on Saturday! It is bittersweet for sure. My time at Guy-Perkins was incredibly amazing! I remember the first day I was so nervous. I was hoping to have a great mentor teacher and a great group of students, and that is exactly what God blessed me with! I will always have a close relationship with my mentor teacher. I never knew I could love a group of kids the way I love these kids. It was so hard to say good-bye to them. I am not gone forever though! I am going back tomorrow and will be joining them on their field trip, going to graduation and will be a substitute teacher! I just can't leave that school!

Yesterday, Mrs. Rooney, the kids and their parents surprised me with a wonderful going away party! Of course when I walked in the room I immediately started crying and just felt so loved. Here are some pictures from the party they threw me:


{Huge banner they had made for me!}


{Cupcakes and presents}


{The cupcakes say ABC and 123}


{One of the gifts a family got me. Flower pot with all kinds of gardening utensils! They know I love to plant flowers!}


{Another adorable flower pot! I was told the girl was me!}

One mother created a scrap book for me. All the students wrote about some of their favorite memories of me. Here are some of my favorite pages.


"She is pretty. She gave me more mashed potatoes when I spilled my milk in mine."


"She is pretty. She got us to do frog eyes. She likes to read to us. She likes to listen to us read to her. She thinks Principal Rittonrotten is funny. Most of all we love her."


"I like Mrs. Burgin because she ties my shoes. And I like her chair."

So precious!! It is so funny the things they remember!

Over the past month or so, this verse has popped up several times:

"I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. Henceforth, there is laid up for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, will award to me on that Day, and not only to me but also to all who have loved his appearing." 2 Timothy 4:7-8

I feel as if part of this verse relates to my internship and school. "I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith." One area of my life has been completed and I look forward to the plans God has for me in the future. My goal is to always finish the race. I know there will be many more races for me to race, but my goal to keep my faith and fight the good fight until the end. I often dream of what my future job will be like. I dream of what school I will work at, who my future students are and what impact I will have in their lives. I am tearing up now as I look back on my experience at Guy-Perkins and dream of my future. God is so good.

No comments: